Only a couple days left to vote!
Sarah, a Twitter friend, alerted me to the finalists for the National Trust for Historic Preservation's Places that Matter Contest. Riverside Cemetery in Macon, Bibb County, Georgia is on the list! At this moment, the cemetery is in 3rd place.
Other finalists include the following:
- The Bradley-Boggs House in Pickens, South Carolina
- Spokane Preservation Advocates "Unveiling" in Spokane, Washington
- Plum Island Boathouse in Door County, Wisconsin
- St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club in St. Petersburg, Florida
- The Star Hotel in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
- Morris Avenue in Bronx, New York
- Miller's Grocery in Christiana, Tennessee
- Humble Oil in San Antonio, Texas
- Hapa Trail in Kaua'i, Hawaii
- Alaska Founders Monument in Seward, Alaska
- Tuxedo Junction in Birmingham, Alabama
See all the finalists and vote for your favorite today! You can vote once a day between now and 12PM eastern, October 9th.
If you joined a little late, like me, you can still view all the photos from the campaign on a flickr slideshow, join the trust on Facebook, and submit your photos from This Place Matters homepage.
In addition, I also found out today that the Atlanta Central Library has earned a spot on the endangered building list. Read about it at the Creative Loafing blog.